From: Srilakshmanan, Lakshman
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 18, 2007 6:55 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: Maven Users List
Subject: RE: [M1] cobertura-1.8 java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

Hi Jeff & Arnaud,

It appears my mail was truncated. Please find the full list below.
Could you please confirm whether this is a bug and whether I should file a
bug report.

Sorry for my silence, but I have been trying to narrow down the problem to
provide a small project.

I have now narrowed down the problem and I will try and explain it below. If
you believe you prefer a small project, I will be more than happy to provide
one.

1) Common-1.0.jar contains
        public abstract class AbstractAlarmAppender extends
org.apache.log4j.AppenderSkeleton

2) SMSService project contains
      public class SmsAppender extends AbstractAlarmAppender

The above works fine. My code compiles, Unit Tests pass and the code is
successfully instrumented by cobertura. That means Common-1.0.jar is
available in SMSService.

In my SMSService/src/conf I have a log4j.xml which contains the following

<appender name="alarms" class="au.com.sc.enterprisesms.SmsAppender">
    <param name="Threshold" value="ERROR" />
    <param name="authentication" value="Application"/>
    <param name="appname" value="SmsApp"/>

</appender>

It is the SmsAppender in the log4j.xml that is causing the problem. It's as
if Common-1.0.jar is not available to log4j & cobertura.

Any thoughts or feedback is much appreciated, and again, if you need a
sample project, I will be happy to provide one.

Thanks
Lakshman