Dmitry Beransky wrote:
Hi,

Just finished reading an article on test categorization:
<http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-cq10316/index.html?ca=drs->.
Any recommendations how how to implement this in Maven?

Thanks
D.

Although I don't 100% percent agree with the article, I believe technically multiple test case file pattern can be defined for each sunfire-plugin in multiple profiles. All test cases may still have to stay in one directory if you are OK to categorize them by name pattern or package.

http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-profiles.html

pom.xml could be something like

 <profiles>
   <profile>
     <id>test.category.component</id>
     <activation>
       <property>
         <name>test.category</name>
         <value>component</value>
       </property>
     </activation>
     <plugins>
       <plugin>
         <configuration>
           <includes>
             <include>**/*ComponentTest.java</include>
           </includes>
         </configuration>
       </plugin>
     </plugins>
   </profile>
   <profile>
     <id>test.category.system</id>
     <activation>
       <property>
         <name>test.category</name>
         <value>system</value>
       </property>
     </activation>
     <plugins>
       <plugin>
         <configuration>
           <includes>
             <include>**/*SystemTest.java</include>
           </includes>
         </configuration>
       </plugin>
     </plugins>
   </profile>
 </profiles>

... ...

By running "mvn test -Dtest.category=component", only *ComponentTest will be invoked. Hope it helps.

Regards

--

Jiaqi Guo
http://www.cyclopsgroup.org