Carlos, thanks for removing the planetmirror mirror from the list, but
you might also notice it is still there on the page in the section
above the list demonstrating how to set up a mirror:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-mirror-settings.html

Ideally we'd swap that out with ibiblio, lsu, etc. Or else I'm afraid
this issue will pop up again in the (near) future on this list.

Wayne

On 1/10/07, Carlos Sanchez <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Removed from the M2 page of mirrors

On 1/10/07, Wayne Fay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Until these issues are cleared up, the Maven team should remove the
> site from their list of available mirrors. It would save a lot of
> headaches!
>
> I'll go open a JIRA issue for this unless one is already there.
>
> Wayne
>
> On 1/9/07, Stephen Coy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > After following the trials and tribulations of JavierL earlier today,
> > I recalled that I had experienced the same problems some time go.
> >
> > The so-called maven 2 mirror at <http://downloads.planetmirror.com/
> > pub/maven2> is wrapped in pretty html which essentially kills any
> > kind of automated download process.
> >
> > The download result corrupts your local repository.
> >
> > Use this mirror at your peril.
> >
> > Steve C.

I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.