From: Nunn, Gerald [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 10:00 AM
To: Maven User List
Subject: Dependency plugin and build-classpath goal issue

Hi,

I'm trying to use the maven-dependency-plugin to build a classpath using
the build-classpath goal as documented here
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/build-classpath-
mojo.html. However, when I try to execute this goal I get an error that
says that no such goal exists. Looking into it further I found that the
goal was added to 2.0-alpha-2 whereas the version in the central
repository is 2.0-alpha-1. Does anyone know of a repository with a
working 2.0-alpha-2 release, building it from source looks non-trivial
due to dependencies on other snapshot versions.

As an aside, why publish a site with goals that don't exist for a
non-public version? Shouldn't the plugin documentation on the site
reflect the currently widely available version not the soon to be
forthcoming version?

Thanks,

Gerald