From: nicolas de loof [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 8:46 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: configuring JDK

I use an alternative solution to setup the compiler for a particular JRE :
I use the javac bootclasspath to make javac point to the target runtime
rt.jar:

            <plugin>
                <configuration>
                    <source>${maven.compile.source}</source>
                    <target>${maven.compile.target}</target>
                    <compilerArguments>
                        <bootclasspath>                            ${
settings.localRepository}/com/sun/rt/${maven.compile.runtime}/rt-${
maven.compile.runtime}.jar
                        </bootclasspath>
                    </compilerArguments>
                </configuration>
                <dependencies>
                    <dependency>
                        <groupId>com.sun</groupId>
                        <artifactId>rt</artifactId>
                        <version>${maven.compile.runtime}</version>
                    </dependency>
                </dependencies>
                <inherited>true</inherited>
            </plugin>

    <properties>
        <maven.compile.source>1.4</maven.compile.source>
        <maven.compile.runtime>1.4.2_06</maven.compile.runtime>
        <maven.compile.target>1.4</maven.compile.target>
    </properties>