From: Gabriele Contini [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 11:48 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: transitivity path to resolved dependency

Petar Tahchiev wrote:
> On 24/01/07, Gabriele Contini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> we have a project structure with many modules and inherited
>> dependencies.
>> How can we find out the transitivity path  for any given dependency?
>> For example :
>>
>>   Path to dependency:
>>         1) fop:fop:jar:0.20.5
>>         2) xalan.xalan:jar:2.4.1
>>
>> This information is usually displayed only for unresolved
>> dependencies, is it possible to have it  for resolved dependencies
too ?
>> We looked into the dependency:resolve goal but we could not find any
>> option to  display this information.
>>
>> Gabriele and Luca

>> This is my method of keeping the track of transitive dependencies.
>
> Delete the artifact (in your case xalan) from yuor local repository
> and run mvn install -o This tells maven to run the build offline, and
> since you don't have the dependency in your repo when another
> dependency tries to add it to your local repo. it would fail on that
> place.
>
> Maybe there is a better way, but I have always used this.

Ugly, but it works! thank you a lot!! :-)

Tento e-mail je urcen pouze pro jeho adresata/adresaty a muze obsahovat duverne
informace, jejichz ochrana muze byt vyzadovana pravnimi predpisy.
Jestlize jste zpravu obdrzel(a) omylem, neprodlene informujte jejiho
odesilatele a tuto zpravu, jeji prilohy a pripadne kopie ihned vymazte.
Jakakoli forma uziti, zverejneni, reprodukce, kopirovani, distribuce a sireni
teto zpravy je v takovem pripade zakazana.
Komercni banka, a.s., neodpovida za mozne skody zpusobene neuplnym prenosem,
moznou modifikaci ci zpozdenim teto zpravy behem prenosu od odesilatele k
adresatovi.

This e-mail transmission is intended solely for the ordinary user of the e-mail
address to which it was addressed. It may contain legally privileged and/or
confidential information.
If you have received this e-mail in error or are not an intended recipient
please inform the sender with-out delay and delete this e-mail, attachments and
possible copies immediately. The unauthorised use, disclosure, distribution
and/or copying of this e-mail or any information it contains is prohibited.
Komercni banka, a. s., does not accept liability for any damage caused by
incomplete transmission, possible modification or delay of this e-mail during
the transmission from the sender to the recipient.