From: Kalle Korhonen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 25, 2007 11:52 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Surefire And Java6

You are compiling with 1.6 but running the classes in 1.5 (or 1.4).
what's
your JAVA_HOME set to?

Kalle

On 1/25/07, Parikh, Pratik P. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Everyone,
>
>     I am using Java6 and have some junit 3.8.1 test cases. When I try
> build I get following?
>
>     I am using the 2.2 version of surefire? Is sun fire not supporting
in
> Java6 yet? If so is there a work around for this?
>
> <plugin>
>         <artifactId>maven-surefire-plugin</artifactId>
>         <version>2.2</version>
> </plugin>
>

> [INFO] Surefire report directory:
> C:\apparch\com.covance.infrastructure.core\target\surefire-reports
> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireExecutionException:
> com/covance/system/core/util/CovanceServiceLoaderTestCase (Unsupported
> major.minor version 50.0); nested exception is
> java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
> com/cov/system/core/util/CovServiceLoaderTestCase (Unsupported
major.minor
> version 50.0)
> java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
> com/cov/system/core/util/CovServiceLoaderTestCase (Unsupported
major.minor
> version 50.0)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:539)
>         at

java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
>         at
java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:194)
>         at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:289)
>         at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:235)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.IsolatedClassLoader.loadClass
> (IsolatedClass
> Loader.java:100)
>         at

org.apache.maven.surefire.suite.AbstractDirectoryTestSuite.locateTestSet
> (Ab
> stractDirectoryTestSuite.java:84)
>         at

org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.createSuiteFromDefinition(Surefire.ja
va
> :1
> 47)
>         at org.apache.maven.surefire.Surefire.run(Surefire.java:108)
>         at

> :39
> )
>         at
> (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl
> .java:25)
>         at
> org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.runSuitesInProcess
> (SurefireB
> ooter.java:225)
>         at

org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireBooter.main(SurefireBooter.java