On 1/30/07, Manuel Ledesma <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Benoît Clouet wrote:
> I'm trying to extend the maven build lifecycle in order to put an EAR
> on a remote server via scp and to run a command to install that EAR on
> a remote websphere server in order to test it.
>
> I managed to write a first mojo which does copy my EAR on a local dir
> but I would like now to transfer that EAR remotely.
>
> As I'm lazy, I tried to extend the wagon component mechanism in order
> to avoid developping everything.
>
> I tried to build a Mojo which uses a plexus component I wrote, copying
> various other components.xml but everytime I'm executing the plugin, I
> get a NullPointerException probably caused by the fact I can't manage
> to initialize the component correctly.
>
> 1. Is there a dedicated phase in the build lifecycle to do such tasks
> ? I choosed deploy but I now hesitate between install (I'm trying to
> bind my plugin on this phase) and integration-tests.
>
> 2. Is there a particular way to initialize a plexus component (My
> component reuses classes from the wagon and the artifact-manager
> components)
>
> 3. Is there any documentation on writing such mojo + extending maven
> plexus components ?

You could use websphere deployment capabilities instead. No need to use
maven at all. You can easily call websphere deployment classes from maven.

In fact, in my organization, the only way to do so, is to transfer the
EAR on a machine and to execute deploy commands on the target machine.

I would like to automate this transfer and the execution of the command.

What would be the phase in the build lifecycle to do such action chain ?