Hi,
The problem I've bumped in is that commons-logging 1.1 has put a dependency on the servlet-api library and left the default scope. That means servlet-api gets right into my EAR which in turn makes my web application unable to serve my jsp's as it's a library that is provided by the servlet container. I don't declare commons-logging explicitly but I've got a bunch libraries that depend on it implicitly so it would be too hard to exclude the commons-logging lib for all the particular libs and explicitly declare it. For the moment I've manually modified the 1.1 pom but I think that even if the commons-logging team ships a 1.1.1 release as my libs depend on 1.1 I'd still be having issues thanks to the don't replace releases policy in the repository. I'd file a bug but the issue tracker tag in the pom points to bugzilla and they are not listed, so this is a public shout out hoping that it will get picked up. If anyone can raise the issue with the c-logging guys or can make a replace of only the pom in the repository it would be a great community service.
Srgjan