From: lemon dumpling [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 8:29 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Maven2+Hibernate3 Annotation Problem

Hi Johann,

Yes, I tried that thing but it always throws no suitable driver exception:
[ERROR] SchemaExport - schema export unsuccessful <java.sql.SQLException: No
sui
table driver>java.sql.SQLException: No suitable driver
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:545)
        at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:140)
        at
org.hibernate.connection.DriverManagerConnectionProvider.getConnectio
n(DriverManagerConnectionProvider.java:110)

My pom.xml:

<plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>hibernate3-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>2.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
        <configuration>
          <componentProperties>
            <outputfilename>schema.sql</outputfilename>
          </componentProperties>
        </configuration>
</plugin>

But then if I have something like this, it actually works - it auto connects
to my database and creates the schema:

<plugin>
        <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
        <artifactId>hibernate3-maven-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>2.0-SNAPSHOT</version>

        <configuration>
          <components>
            <component>
              <name>hbm2ddl</name>
            </component>
          </components>
          <componentProperties>
            <drop>true</drop>
            <create>true</create>
            <jdk5>true</jdk5>

<configurationfile>src/main/resources/hibernate.cfg.xml</configurationfile>
          </componentProperties>
</plugin>

Cheers

http://mojo.codehaus.org/maven-hibernate3/hibernate3-maven-plugin/examples/s
> chema_output.html
>
> Also you need to include the annotated classes in your hibernate.cfg.xml
> file
>
> Regards
>
> Johann Reyes

<configurationfile>src/main/resources/etc/hibernate.cfg.xml</configurationfi