Hello,
My local machine is Windows 2000, the remote machine is RedHat AS 4.0.

I set the following statements in my pom.xml,
<distributionManagement>
        <repository>
                <id>test</id>
                <url>scp://HostIP/Absolute_Path_To_Repo</url>
        </repository>
</distributionManagement>
and run command "mvn deploy".
Maven indicated me to login remote machine via "[EMAIL PROTECTED]",
but there isn't the user in remote machine,
factly, "Administrator" is my current user in local machine.
Absolutely, the authentication would be failed.

a cup of Java, cheers!
Sha Jiang