From: Wayne Fay [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 2:14 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: compile tries to bundle up the ear - should it?

EJ, based on this response, does this mean that your issue can be
considered "fully resolved" or are there other issues?

As for the install question -- yes, I have previously executed "mvn
install" to copy these artifacts to my local repo. The way I work, I
am generally only working inside one module at a time, so I can run
"mvn install" to copy all the other artifacts into my repo, then go
into the specific module to do my edits etc and run "mvn compile" in
that artifact alone, which will use the other unedited dependent
artifacts out of my repo if needed.

As for "why does Maven EAR plugin require all artifacts be available
during compile" -- I'm pretty sure this just happens automatically
during validate phase, which happens before compile, so when those
artifacts are not available to validate, you never get to the compile
phase.

Wayne