On 2/7/07, Siegmann Daniel, NY <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am trying to use the exec-maven-plugin, but when I run "exec:exec" I get
the following:

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'exec'.
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-exec-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found

There is no plugin there, but there is a plugin
org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin.

try to fully specify the plugin on the command line. That should make sure
that maven downloads the right plugin:

mvn org.codehaus.mojo:exec-maven-plugin:exec

while you're at it, feel free to test the 1.1-SNAPSHOT release of the
plugin. Report any problem to the mojo user list / Jira.

Thanks

Jerome