1. Do *not* cross-post.

2. Could you perhaps use real versions every time, rather than
snapshots? Then you could control the version with your build-id ie
1.2.1-16.

3. Perhaps look into changing the Maven code (make Snapshot an
interface, etc) and contributing your changes back for inclusion in
future Maven releases.

Wayne