On 13 Feb 07, at 11:05 PM 13 Feb 07, Dmitry Beransky wrote:

Jason,

Thanks.  That worked great, however I ran into another problem.  I'm
using embedder to write an IntelliJ IDEA plugin and IDEA insists on
using it's own JDOM library.  See this discussion for reference:

You might want to join the effort where the two fellows who were writing IDEA integration have merged their efforts at the Mevenide project where IDEA, Netbeans and soon the Eclipse integration will live. That's where we're planning the official IDE integration for Maven. On the IDEA side the Maven Reloaded Plugin by Brian Kate, and the Maven 2.x Integration by Ralf Quebbemann. I am also working on this in addition to the embedder as it's the IDE I use.

http://intellij.net/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=3441989

This is really because that embedder is an assembly where everything is packed together if I deploy 2.1-SNAPSHOTs of everything you could use the pieces individually and swap in your own version.

I was able to work around the problem temporarily by removing all JDOM
classes from the embedder jar.  I'm hoping for a more permanent
solution, though.  Is that possible?

You don't need to use the embedder assembly, or in the future I would like to mangle the 3rd party libraries using Torsten Curdt's minijar plugin which will hide JDOM from you.

Jason.

Thanks
Dmitry

The folks I'm directly supporting for the embedder are the IDE folks.
They are using the embedder from trunk. I will attempt to merge the
trunk into the 2.0.6 release of Maven. If you want something then use
these:

http://idisk.maven.org/jvanzyl/Public/embedder/

Use the first version, that's what was used in the last release of
the Maven Eclipse Integration.

We're just about to release 2.0.5 and I don't have time to merge it
into 2.0.5.

Jason.