Thanks Wayne, It worked.
I have been trying with jsch instead of ant-jsch.

Maruf

Wayne Fay wrote:
Add this to the bottom of your plugin node:

          </executions>
          <dependencies>
            <dependency>
              <groupId>ant</groupId>
              <artifactId>ant-optional</artifactId>
              <version>1.5.3-1</version>
            </dependency>
            <dependency>
              <groupId>ant</groupId>
              <artifactId>ant-jsch</artifactId>
              <version>1.6.5</version>
            </dependency>
          </dependencies>
        </plugin>

Wayne

On 2/14/07, Maruf Aytekin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am trying to run scp optional task from inside maven 2 to deploy  a
maven 2 artifact. I keep getting the following error:

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Error executing ant tasks

Embedded error: Could not create task or type of type: scp.

Ant could not find the task or a class this task relies upon.

I know that scp optional task is in    jsch.x.y.z jar. I couldn't find
the the ant maven uses. It doesn't use command line ant I couldn't find
a way to get maven to see this jar. What should I do?

pom.xml

         <executions>
           <execution>
               <id>install</id>
             <phase>install</phase>
             <configuration>
               <tasks>
                   <scp
file="C:\myproject\customer\target\baydonline-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war"

todir="username:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/cygdrive/c/jboss-4.0.5.GA/server/default/deploy"
                       trust="true"/>
               </tasks>
             </configuration>
             <goals>