Hello,
 I was evidently looking at an outdated mirror of ibiblio.org
(http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/maven2/hibernate/hibernate/).  I
figured it out after I ftped to ibiblio.org (not mirrors)and saw a different
set of files then I was seeing with firefox. A little puzzled why mvn wasn't
redirected to the mirror when I did the download. What had me confused, I was
seeing a different set of entries on mvnrepository than on mirrors.ibiblio.org
(which I was redirected to while browsing using firefox).

 Anyway, had me really baffled.

Thanks!
 -Ryan