I'm interested in using the release plugin to handling pom versioning and scm tagging. However, I can't figure out how to deal with snapshot libraries. We've got several projects that depend on common libraries and use continuum to keep current snapshots of the libraries available. Because different applications use the same libraries, I don't think modules are the solution to our problem.

What I'd like to do is put a version range of "(1.0,)" on the library dependencies so builds always use the latest version. For regular development, that works fine. However, for releases I'd need the version string to be "(1.0-RELEASE,)" so it pulls the latest release version. We've already got a plugin that will allow us to force a build (presumably with a release target) of a library in continuum and have that trigger the various application builds on completion, Has anyone else come across any solutions to force snapshot dependencies to use release versions when running the release plugin?

-Steve