You are looking for Profiles in conjunction with Resource Filtering.

Wayne

On 2/19/07, Erik Drolshammer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi!
I have a Maven-based project which utilize a couple of properties-files
like hibernate.properties and log4j.properties. Because these are often
modified by the individual developer we have chosen to place
hibernate.properties.tmpl and log4j.properties.tmpl under
versioncontrol. The downside of this approach is that you must create
(based on the template-files) hibernate.properties and log4j.properties
for every new checkout.

Which solutions are offered by Maven for this problem?

What is the _recommended_ solution?

My goal is to reduce the number of steps needed to set up a development
environment.

--
Regards
Erik Drolshammer