Several things to do.

Make sure the ID you use here -> -DrepositoryId=xxxMavenRepo
is the same ID you use the appropriate <server> section of your
settings.xml.
That ID is how the command line deploy:deploy-file binds the credentials
found in the settings.xml to the deploy request.
Also, make sure you use the correct URL syntax.
It should read as
-Durl=dav:http://my.server.com:8091/archiva/repository/xxx/ for WebDAV.
Problem here, is that wagon-webdav is not present in the core maven
client installation.
So ... you cannot do anonymous webdav deployments with maven.

- Joakim