Doesn't that presume that Maven is the only way that someone would want to
build their software though? For example many developers build both from
Maven and from the IDE (independently of Maven) to run tests. It sounds like
with Maven 2 unless I want to repeat my properties in both pom.xml and in
database.properties I would now have to run Maven first to get the property
files built before I could run tests that use the database from within my
IDE?

Thanks,
Todd