Can anyone tell me the quick-n-dirty way to figure out which dependency is responsible for a jar that is being transitively downloaded/included in the project? For instance, I see the servlet-api jar showing up in my assembly, but don't need it. I've already excluded it once from the spring dependency like so:

       <dependency>
           <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
           <artifactId>spring</artifactId>
           <version>2.0.2</version>
           <exclusions>
               <exclusion>
                   <groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
                   <artifactId>servlet-api</artifactId>
               </exclusion>
           </exclusions>
       </dependency>

I just need to find out if another one of my dependencies depends on the servlet-api. Could it be the case that the assembly plugin doesn't grock that I said to exclude when I specified the spring dependency?

TIA...

Bryan