But he needs to get certain plugins in order to "install" into his
repository.

Thus, having the correct <Repositories> set in the settings.xml would still
be required right?

On 2/26/07, Jo Vandermeeren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi Mick,

Edney is trying to install an external jar into his local repository.. not
trying to build a maven project..
For all we know, this might not even be a maven-built jar.. Even if there
was a pom, the settings would be irrelevant.

The repository definitions in Edney's settings.xml seem to be valid, so I
really do think it is a network/proxy issue..

Cheers
Jo

On 2/26/07, Mick Knutson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]
>             <name>Codehaus</name>
>             <url>http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/</url>
>             <snapshots>
>                 <enabled>true</enabled>
>             </snapshots>
>             <releases>
>                 <enabled>false</enabled>
>             </releases>
>         </repository>
>
>         <repository>
>             <id>MyFaces SNAPSHOT</id>
>             <name>MyFaces SNAPSHOT Repository</name>
>             <url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository
> </url>
>             <snapshots>
>                 <enabled>true</enabled>
>             </snapshots>
>             <releases>
>                 <enabled>false</enabled>
>             </releases>
>         </repository>
>
>         <repository>
>             <id>ibiblio</id>
>             <name>ibiblio</name>
>             <url>http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2</url>
>             <snapshots>
>                 <enabled>true</enabled>
>             </snapshots>
>             <releases>
>                 <enabled>false</enabled>
>             </releases>
>         </repository>
>         <!--<repository>
>             <releases>
>                 <enabled>false</enabled>
>             </releases>
>             <snapshots>
>                 <enabled>true</enabled>
>             </snapshots>
>             <id>apache.snapshots</id>
>             <name>Apache Snapshot Repository</name>
>             <url>http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository
> </url>
>         </repository>-->
>
>     </repositories>
>

>     <pluginRepositories>
>
>         <pluginRepository>
>             <id>central</id>
>             <name>Maven Plugin Repository</name>
>             <layout>default</layout>
>             <url>http://repo1.maven.org/maven2</url>
>
>             <snapshots>
>                 <enabled>true</enabled>
>             </snapshots>
>             <releases>
>                 <updatePolicy>never</updatePolicy>
>             </releases>
>         </pluginRepository>
>
>         <pluginRepository>
>             <id>Codehaus Snapshots</id>
>             <url>http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/</url>
>             <snapshots>
>                 <enabled>true</enabled>
>             </snapshots>
>             <releases>
>                 <enabled>false</enabled>
>             </releases>
>         </pluginRepository>
>

>     </pluginRepositories>
>

> On 2/26/07, Edney Imme <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello.
> >
> > I don´t have the pom.xml to the file jta.jar
> >
> > The settings.xml is here
> >
> > Obs. sorry with this uggly questions. I´m dummy for maven
> >

> > On 2/26/07, Mick Knutson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

DOS

--
---