Ah-Ha! Thank you so much. I think that is the best solution yet! Although, even better would be if maven had an additional param on <plugin> in which it meant inherited, but not run. And then I wouldn't even have to put the definition there. One can dream...

Thanks again,

-Ben

Brad Szabo wrote:
Have you considered using the build/pluginManagement element to define
common inheritable plugin configurations instead of using profiles?
-Brad