Tommy,

If you are just worried about the installed/deployed name, use the classifier option of the install-file and deploy-file goals (see install/deploy plugins). If someone has a better solution, please respond - I'd like to know as well :)

Cheers,
Jon

Tommy Knowlton wrote:
I'm trying to produce a POM for building several different artifacts
from the same sources.
In the <profiles> section, I have accomplished

1) configuring the build tools to do something different for each profile
2) activating the profiles
3) give the profile's artifact a unique name using classifier
configuration in the maven-war-plugin

but what I haven't been able to do is to support the install/deploy of
the profile's artifact.
It seems install and deploy expect a "base" artifact that I'm not
building (since each profile is building it's own "classified"
artifact).

I'm thinking others must have solved this problem, but I haven't yet
seen anything useful in Google.

Thanks,
--
Tommy