Will this work?  I do not know.

Introduce a third pom (the data access pom) as a new module of the original
parent.   The original parent pom remains unchanged except for the addition
of the new data access pom module.  The new data access pom declares data
access dependencies.  The data access modules parent is changed from the
original parent to the new data access pom.

Regards,
John