zze-HUGONNET E ext RD-BIZZ a écrit :
Hi,
I have to compile with a different JDK in my tests from the one to compile my code.
I know about the codehaus wiki page ;o)
My project is a multi module project.
In some modules I need to use a jdk > 1.5 to compile the sources and the tests, in some I compile the sources in 1.4 and the tests in 1.5 and last but not least in
the modules left I compile sources and tests in 1.4.
So I tried to put a default configuration in my project parent POM, for example to excludes package-info.java, etc.
Then I defined 2 executions like this (depending on my module) :
<plugin>
      <executions>
         <execution>
           <id>source-compiler</id>
           <phase>compile</phase>
           <goals>
             <goal>compile</goal>
           </goals>-->
           <configuration>
             <source>1.4</source>
             <target>1.4</target>
             <compilerArguments>
               <verbose />
<bootclasspath>${settings.localRepository}/com/sun/rt/1.4.2_13/rt-1.4.2_13.jar:${java.home}/lib/jsse.jar:${java.home}/lib/jce.jar</bootclasspath>
             </compilerArguments>
           </configuration>
        </execution>
         <execution>
           <id>test-compiler</id>
           <phase>process-test-sources</phase>
           <goals>
             <goal>testCompile</goal>
           </goals>
           <configuration>
             <source>1.5</source>
             <target>1.5</target>
           </configuration>
         </execution>
       </executions>
       <dependencies>
         <dependency>
           <groupId>com.sun</groupId>
           <artifactId>rt</artifactId>
           <version>1.4.2_13</version>
         </dependency>                  </dependencies>
     </plugin>
But when I run a clean install the source-compiler execution configuration is not used to compile the sources while the tests are correctly compiled using the test-compiler configuration.
Can somebody explain this to me ?
Why is execution configuration not used on the compile phase ?
Thanks

Emmanuel

Ok I understand my error :
The compilation in execution is run after the compilation of the compile phase. Since i the code as already been compiled, it is not recompiled. that 's why the tests compilation is done on phase process-test-sources and not on test.
Emmanuel