This is also what I used to do with the original proxy.
In artifactory you have the contextual menu on the tree for (remove,
download, zap, view pom), and web interface for redeploying any pom you
want.
For full refresh I use the import/export feature which maps the DB to clean
(no strange metadata.xml) file tree.
The configuration if XML with a good XSD so adding and playing with multiple
local repo is easy.

Trying it, on your local machine will show you all this.

On 3/5/07, Jochen Wiedmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 3/5/07, Nigel Magnay <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Fingers crossed that artifactory hits the sweet spot...

What I dislike with Artifactory, after reading through the docs, is
that it stores the artifacts in a database. That has, of course, its
merits, but currently I find myself fiddling with the artifacts, POM's
and metadata files frequently, and that point I wouldn't want to work
with a database.

Jochen

--
Emacs 22 will support MacOS and CygWin. It is not yet decided, whether
these will be used to run Emacs or the other way round.