2007/3/7, Helck, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi,

I want to have two profiles with different <repositories> and
<distributionManagement> elements. I've created a settings.xml and
defined the new profiles in it. Putting <repositories> in settings.xml
is ok, but putting <distributionManagement> seems to be illegal.

Why? What's wrong with saying that "dev" builds deploy artifacts to
server A, and "cert" builds deploy to server B?

Nothing wrong with that. But it is the responsability of the project to
define where it should be deployed.
Why don't you define the profiles in the pom ?
profiles defined in pom allow to override distributionManagement IIRC.

The profiles in settings are mostly used to define per-user repositories or
per-office if you use a laptop ;)

Hop this helps.

Raphaël

Is there a philosophical
idea that settings.xml is only used for bootstrapping?

How do I handle this correctly? Do I add

<profile>
   <id>dev</id>
   <repositories>...</repositories>
</profile>

To settings.xml and then override in the POM with

<profile>
   <id>dev</id>
   <distributionManagement>...</distributionManagement>
</profile>

This seems awkward.

Thanks,
Christopher Helck

Thank you for being part of it.

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential. This e-mail is
intended only for the stated addressee.  If you are not an addressee, you
must not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on the
information contained in this e-mail. if you have received this e-mail in
error, please inform us immediately and delete it and all copies from your
system.

EBS Dealing Resources International Limited. Registered address: 2
Broadgate, London EC2M 7UR, United Kingdom. Registered number 2669861.

EBS Dealing Resources, Inc, registered in Delaware. Address: Harborside
Financial Center, 1100 Plaza Five, 12th Floor Jersey City, New Jersey
07311-4996 and One upper Pond road, Building F - Floor 3, Parsippany, NJ
07054, USA.

EBS Dealing Resources Japan Limited, a Japanese Corporation. Address:
Asteer Kayabacho Bldg, 6th Floor, 1-6-1, Shinkawa, Chuo-Ku,  Tokyo 104-0033,
Japan.