From: Wayne Fay [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2007 5:22 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Load properties from file/url to pom.xml

The use of externally properties files was purposefully abandoned in M2.

In your case, I'd make a single shared parent pom and have the other
poms use it as their parent, so you will inherit the properties set in
the parent. Or utilize profiles.xml or settings.xml to share the
properties.

Otherwise, you will need to write a plugin to access the properties file
and read the contents etc.

Wayne