The only change to a plugin (plugin itself) that I made was to
jaxws-maven-plugin-1.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT.pom and the sun.jdk section now looks
like:

 <dependency>
      <groupId>sun.jdk</groupId>
      <artifactId>tools</artifactId>
      <version>1.5.0</version>
      <scope>system</scope>

<systemPath>/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.5/Classes/classes.jar</systemPath>
    </dependency>

 Specifying this as the dependency for the plugin in my pom file didn't work.

 Haven't figured out a non-hack approach yet.

 -Ryan