Hi Paul,

for example, in your assembly.xml, you could refer to the target class directories of your modules like this:

<assembly>
   <id>example</id>
   <formats>
       <format>jar</format>
   </formats>
   <includeBaseDirectory>false</includeBaseDirectory>
   <fileSets>
       <fileSet>
           <directory>module1/target/classes/top_module1</directory>
           <outputDirectory>top_module1</outputDirectory>
       </fileSet>
       <fileSet>
           <directory>module2/target/classes/top_module2</directory>
           <outputDirectory>top_module2</outputDirectory>
       </fileSet>
       <fileSet>
           <directory>module3/target/classes/top_module3</directory>
           <outputDirectory>top_module3</outputDirectory>
       </fileSet>
       <fileSet>
            etc.
       </fileSet>
 </fileSets>
</assembly>

More on this can be found at http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/assembly.html.

HTH

Armin

Paul Gier wrote:

I have a project with multiple modules, and I would like to assemble the
classes of the modules into a single jar file.
If the names of the modules (and directories) match the artifact ID, the
assembly works fine.  But if the artifactId does not match the module
name, then the files are not picked up.  Is there a way to configure
this to work with the different names?  Or do I need to just rename my
modules or artifacts so that they match?

Thanks!