I did have the same problem, and i modified the pom of the project : 'archiva-repository-layer' :

I add the dependency :
   <dependency>
     <groupId>org.codehaus.plexus</groupId>
     <artifactId>plexus-utils</artifactId>
   </dependency>

And i modified the version of the dependency :

   <dependency>
     <groupId>org.slf4j</groupId>
     <artifactId>slf4j-log4j12</artifactId>
     <version>1.2</version>
   </dependency>

Marziou, Gael a écrit :
Hello,

I have tried several times to build Archiva from sources but each time,
I am unable to resolve all dependencies so I have given up.

How far is the Archiva project from releasing a binary build?

Thanks,

Gael