From: news [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steinar Bang
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2007 9:09 AM
To: users@maven.apache.org
Subject: dependency:unpack and symlinks in tar files?

Platform: maven-2.0.4
          maven-dependency-plugin 2.0-alpha-2-SNAPSHOT (the maven
          dependency report variant checked out from subversion)

I'm trying to use dependency:unpack to download and unpack a tgz file
containing shared libs and symlinks between different versions of the
shared libs.

However, using dependency:unpack on an <artifactItem> with
<type>tgz</type>, doesn't seem to handle symlinks.  The symlinks turn
into files with size 0.

Is there a config parameter I'm missing (the <plugin> <execution>
attached to the end of this file)?  Is there a workaround I could try?

One thing that's possible is to have maven run an ant task for doing
an <exec> to do the untar operation.  Does that sound feasible?  Or
does it contain too many complicating steps?

Thanx!

- Steinar

<execution> follows:

        <execution>
         <id>unpackmylib</id>
         <phase>install</phase>
         <goals>
          <goal>unpack</goal>
         </goals>
         <configuration>
          <artifactItems>
           <artifactItem>
            <groupId>com.somecompany.mylib</groupId>
            <artifactId>mylib-${os.name}-${os.arch}</artifactId>
            <version>1.0</version>
            <type>tgz</type>
           </artifactItem>
          </artifactItems>
          <outputDirectory>${target.platform.dir}/lib</outputDirectory>
         </configuration>
        </execution>