Hello:

Regarding the subject, are my only two options

   +  using an environment variable to resolve
      dynamic links, and/or

   +  explicitly installing system .dll/.lib libraries
      into a maven repository [using install:install-file]
      and listing the artifacts as a <dependency> in
      the executable's pom.xml?

Having the libraries in their native system location
AND keeping a copy in a maven repository doesn't seem
like a preferred route ... but it strikes me as the more
maven-like approach.

Thanks.

Brad