On 3/19/07, Jean-Luc Wasmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
-- repost since original post had incomplete subject

Hi,

My project's version is defined as:

 <version>${env.SVNVERSION}-SNAPSHOT</version>

where the SVNVERSION environment variable is set before hand by a shell
script.

How can I embed the script inside maven's build lifecycle? (it should
run before anything else)

You can't. You have to understand that the pom is read before starting
anything else (and variables are resolved/interpoloated at that
point).

I am not sure that customizing the version that way is a best practice anyway.

HTH,
Stéphane

Right now the shell script is called by the mvn script before the JVM
invocation but I'd rather make it an Ant task or even write a plugin
just for that.

Jean-Luc