You should mount the share locally.  Java does not have built-in
support for accessing smb shares.

--
Robert Dale

On 3/20/07, nicolas de loof <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,

I'd like my managed repository to be stored on a file server. I can acces it
using a smb share : \\servfichier\Maven_Repository\public
The URL file://///servfichier/Maven_Repository/public/ works well to acces
it

When I configure Archiva using this path, the artifact request fails in the
DAVRepository class.
The constructor of this class builds an URI from the File. From
\\servfichier\Maven_Repository\public as a File, the URI is
file:/servfichier/Maven_Repository/public/ that is invalid.

This URI is built using the JRE File class and it's toURI() and normalize()
methods. So I don't know if I missunderstood the use of windows-share under
Java.

All this relates to class from it.could.webdav, so maybe this is not the
best place to ask for this...