From: Ben Tatham [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 10:57 AM
To: Maven Users List
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: plugin runs multiple times

I have tracked my problem down a bit further...the second lifecycle
starts sometime around the package phase in the lifecycle.  I think it
may have something to do with the fact that during the validate phase, I
unpack parent WAR on my own using the dependency-maven-plugin so that I
can extract the web.xml file and merge it with the new one (I am using
xdoclet).

Does the war plugin just call on dependency-maven-plugin too to do the
war overlap?  If so, perhaps that is what is triggering the 2nd
lifecycle run from validate?   Or is it something else?

How do I make it stop happening?!?!  A quote from "Better Builds with
Maven", Section 5.3.1: "In good mojo design, determining when not to
execute, is often as important as the modifications made during
execution itself."

Any help is appreciated.

-Ben