maven-changes-plugin can generate JIRA reports according to its documentation but I'm having a hard time setting it up - the docs on maven.apache.org specify an issueManagement config node and that's about it.

From the mvn output though it looks like there's alot more going on than I know about, and I guess I need to find a way to specify project ids, server usernames & passwords and so forth.

The output I see on the console is below, but these are the main problems I see:

- there's a suspicious looking warning: [WARNING] Error loading report org.apache.maven.jira.JiraMojo - AbstractMethodError: canGenerateReport()

- my JIRA server runs on HTTPS and mvn has problems connecting - so how can I specify my username and password?

- mvn also can't find a log4j logger for HttpClient, which looks like it is caching URLs from previous attempts! Where can I put

The only settings I can work out for my pom for this are:

<issueManagement>
  <system>JIRA</system>
  <url>https://support.nomadsoft.com/jira/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10060</url>
</issueManagement>

[INFO] [site:site]
[WARNING] Error loading report org.apache.maven.plugin.taglist.TagListReport - AbstractMethodError: canGenerateReport() [WARNING] Error loading report org.apache.maven.changes.ChangesMojo - AbstractMethodError: canGenerateReport() [WARNING] Error loading report org.apache.maven.jira.JiraMojo - AbstractMethodError: canGenerateReport() [WARNING] No URL defined for the project - decoration links will not be resolved [INFO] Skipped "Jira Report" report, file "jira-report.html" already exists for the English version.
[INFO] Generate "Tag List" report.
[ERROR] VM #displayTree: error : too few arguments to macro. Wanted 2 got 0
[ERROR] VM #menuItem: error : too few arguments to macro. Wanted 1 got 0
[INFO] Generate "Continuous Integration" report.
[INFO] Generate "Dependencies" report.
[INFO] Generate "Issue Tracking" report.
[INFO] Generate "Project License" report.
[INFO] Generate "Mailing Lists" report.
[INFO] Generate "Source Repository" report.
[INFO] Generate "Project Team" report.
[INFO] Generate "Changes Report Plugin" report.
[ERROR] Cannot find the Changes XML file.
[INFO] Generate "Jira Report Plugin" report.
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient).
[INFO] Jira lives at: https://support.nomadsoft.com/jira
[INFO] Downloading https://support.nomadsoft.com/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?view=rss&pid=10060&sorter/field=created&sorter/order=DESC&sorter/field=prior
ity&sorter/order=DESC&tempMax=100&reset=true&decorator=none
[ERROR] Error downloading issues from JIRA. Cause is sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.Sun CertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target java.io.FileNotFoundException: c:\projects\soa\target\jira-results.xml (The system cannot find the file specified)