hallooo

well it may does not help at all but welll...  :)

the 'better builds with maven' book contains a chapter where the spring framework is migrated to maven2. in this example it is shown how to treat special classes that are 1.5 dependant. i didnt paid that much attention - but it is there. may that helps a bit?

greetz
ossi

M Wurm schrieb:
Hello,

I'm currently looking for a good way to make a pom / several poms for
an artifact that has to be created for JRE1.4 / JRE1.5. The
difference: A few class files are excluded in the jre1.4 version and
some dependencies are different.

Is there a recommended way in Maven to realize such a build. It would
be great if other projects could depend on these artifacts by using
the classifier element, e.g. using artifact-1.0-jre15.jar or
artifact-1.0-jre14.jar.

Are there any suggestions on this topic? My idea is to use a parent
pom that defines the common dependencies, as well as two child poms
where the specific JRE-dependent project settings are defined. In
these child poms I would declare the finalName like this:
<finalName>${pom.artifactId}-${pom.version}-jre14</finalName>

Is this the right way to do it?
Since Maven is about encouraging best practices it would be too bad if
I end up with a mediocre solution...

Best Regards,
Matthias