Since no one seems to have an answer to my original question, I think I have a potential work around, but not really, since it doesn't work. What I did was add a property to my default profile in settings.xml to contain my username and password for the server. And then reference that property within the settings.xml in the <server> section. Well, that doesn't work. Does anyone know if it is possible to reference properties in settings.xml? My guess is not, but hopefully there is a way? Perhaps an external properties file (like build.properties in Ant?) Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ben

Ben Tatham wrote:
I know that it is possible to refer to the properties in the settings.xml with ${setting.X}. Is it also possible to refer to the server username and passwords? I have tried ${settings.servers.ID.username} and ${settings.ID.username} and nothing works.
Thanks,
Ben