sure, they can be treated as dependencies. You have the syntax down, too.

-j

On 3/29/07, mraible <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

John Casey wrote:

> On 3/28/07, mraible <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>> Are you saying I should have two assemblies; one that creates a zip
from
>> the
>> static content and one that takes the output from that and bundles it
>> with
>> the WARs?
>>
>> That sounds reasonable.  I'm still wondering how I can attach the zip
>> WAR when it's installed with another WAR.  Is that possible?  It
doesn't
>> seem like it.
>

> Sorry, I'm not sure I follow; what do you  mean by "installed with"?
>
> -j

I mean the assembly is created and installed in my local repo (using the
following config):

<plugin>
                <version>2.1</version>
                <configuration>
                    <descriptors>

<descriptor>src/assembly/static-content.xml</descriptor>
                    </descriptors>
                </configuration>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <id>make-assembly</id>
                        <phase>verify</phase>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>attached</goal>
                        </goals>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>

According to

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/examples/single/including-and-excluding-artifacts.html

it looks like I might be able to use this artifact in another WAR using:

        <dependency>
            <groupId>${pom.groupId}</groupId>
            <artifactId>war1</artifactId>
            <version>${pom.version}</version>
            <classifier>static-content</classifier>
            <type>zip</type>
        </dependency>

Can assemblies in the repo be treated as dependencies?

Thanks,

Matt