Eric Daigneault schrieb:
> Hi,
Hi Eric,

> Been using maven for a short while, and thought I really appreciate it`s
> advantages I find it hard to find information on what it can actually do.
I agree with you.

> I noticed there is help available onilne and on the command line but I
> find it hard to browse.  Since Maven is extremely modular, fragmented
> and decentralized i gather it becomes really hard to have a web site
> describing all available plugins and their capabilities.
That is the problem.

> I have read the Maven book, maven articles, tons of maven information
> but have yet to find a definitive reference about maven, something akin
> to the JDK API for capabilities of the Java libraries...
>
> Is there a way to dynamically querry the repositories for plugins ?   Is
> there a site dynamically created from repository content ? Is there such
> a project underway, knowing maven can produce information sites for a
> perticular project it should be possible to do this for a whole
> repository (POM based information about the projects, and, more
> specifically here about plugins, their goals and a likn to the maven
> generated site) ?  if not is there a centralized place to discover
> available plugins and commands for Maven2 ?
>
> What is the general howto get information about Maven available plugins ?
Well I do not think there is THE ULTIMATE DOCUMENTATION FOR EVERYTHING ABOUT
MAVEN and it will also never exist in future.

But here are some hints for you to get startet:
1. There are official plugins for maven that can be found here:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/index.html
2. There are plugins not yet as official that can be found here:
http://mojo.codehaus.org/
or if the links are broken - ;) - here:
https://svn.codehaus.org/mojo/trunk/mojo/
3. After reading into the available documentations the best way to learn more
about maven2 ist simply by looking at all the open-source projects that use it.
Watch their sites and dig in their pom.xml files how they do it.
E.g. you could have a look at my project what is very modular:
http://m-m-m.sourceforge.net/maven/index.html
One approach to do find more of such projects is by searching for
"link:maven.apache.org" in google.
4. If you have a specific problem you want to solve with maven, simply ask on
this list if someone has a solution for it.

> thanks
>
> Éric D
You are welcome
  Jörg