Good day,

Aside from those that are already mentioned, you could do the following:
1. Package your 'resource' project into a war and use war-overlay ( see [1]
), or
2. Use maven remote-resources:bundle to create a 'resource' project ( which
is a jar ), then use remote-resources:process to extract the resources ( see
[2] ).

Cheers,
Franz

[1]