Hi there,

I'm using maven 2.0.6 and maven-assembly-plugin to package some
zip-distributions of my project.

Doing that I couldn't find an answer to the following question:

How does the assembly plugin handle includes in dependencySets? What is
the result when I include an artifact that comes with transitive
dependencies? Does it include only the specified artifact or also its
transitive dependencies?

Or better to say: Is it possible to include only one project dependency
including its transitive deps?

I tried this with assemby plugin version 2.1 and 2.2-SNAPSHOT and get
different results. 2.1 only includes the specified artifact and
2.2-SNAPSHOT includes also transitive deps.

Can anybody tell me what the general behavior of version 2.2 would be?

What I want to do is quiet simply:

I have two dependencies A and B. Each of them has its own deps that are
now transitive to my project. I want to package dependency A including
its transitive deps in one folder of my zip file and dependency B incl
its dependencies in another folder.

Simplified my assembly descriptor has these dependencySets:

<dependencySets>

            <dependencySet>

<outputDirectory>/program/lib/A</outputDirectory>

                        <includes>

                                    <include>mygroupid:A</include>

                        </includes>

            </dependencySet>

<dependencySet>

<outputDirectory>/program/lib/B</outputDirectory>

                        <includes>

                                    <include>mygroupid:B</include>

                        </includes>

            </dependencySet>

</dependencySets>

How to package the transitive Dependencies correctly without writing
large lists of includes or excludes?

Thanks,

Christin.