I have a project that builds multiple artifacts - a jar, a DLL and
others that are shared by the Jar and DLL. For various reasons, we have
decided to create a single POM that has plug-ins in right phases to
build the DLL.

So we decided to package this as a ZIP that gets unzipped at the right
time. We also have a plug-in that adds the Jar file as a dependency. The
issue is that dependency on Jar file gets overwritten during transitive
dependency resolution. Interestingly, the direct dependencies aren't
affected.

For example, if there's a project C that depends on B. B in turn depends
on A. When I compile C, B.jar remains in the classpath but A.jar gets
removed. I have verified that the plug-in indeed adds A.jar.

I'll appreciate if somebody can help me resolve this issue.

Deepak Goel | Small Business Division, Intuit | direct - (650) 944-3287