From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2007 3:17 PM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: What's the deal with MNG-2858??!?

On 4/10/07, David Jackman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I've sent email to this group, I've written a bug (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-2858), but still no one has given

any kind of response. Maybe we're the only ones on the planet that are having this problem, but it is happening repeatedly and is beginning to hinder my group's acceptance of Maven 2. They try to build a project that is supposed to work and it says it can't find a dependency that is supposed to be there (and it is, but Maven just
isn't looking for it).
The message for my development group is "Maven 2 doesn't work".

There isn't enough information there to help.  I routinely build
projects against multiple repositories (with an empty local repo) and
Maven has no trouble finding parent poms in the repository.  However,
none of mine is a Maven 1 repo, maybe that's it.

Does it happen with the latest release, Maven 2.0.6?  Can you reproduce
it using a few public repositories, and attach a test project?

--
Wendy