Yes. Search the list archives (at Nabble.com) for more information, or
the Maven site itself; there are several examples available.

Wayne

On 4/10/07, Fong Chan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Sorry you'll have to excuse my ignorance as I am still new to Maven.

But when you say "set the 'scope' of the jar as 'system' in dependency, then set
'systemPath' to the path of the jar."

Do you mean setting the properties in the pom.xml of the project?

Thanks,

Fong

>>> "Eric Redmond" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 04/10/07 4:17 PM >>>
On 4/10/07, Fong Chan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am having some problems with Maven right now.
>
> Just to give some background.  I currently have installed all of Taverna's
> (A workflow management system that uses Maven) classes into the Maven
> repository and I am able to use them no problem.
>
> For one of my programs, I would like to use Taverna's class and also
> another external library called Jakarta POI (able to manipulate Excel from
> Java).  The thing is the POI downloads do not come in a maven format and
> make it different to install them into the repository easily.  So instead, I
> have imported them as external jars in eclipse.
>
> From there, I want to install my program as a Taverna Artifact into the
> library, but when installing I get the maven errors that it can't find the
> POI classes.  I am assuming it is because the POI are not artifacts in the
> repository...
>
> I was just wondering whether there was a way to use external libraries
> without having to install them into the maven repository.

It's not usually desired, but you can set the "scope" of the jar as "system"

--
Eric Redmond
http://codehaus.org/~eredmond