OK, the one you want is maven-changelog-plugin. Please see the documentation and pictures at this page:

  http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-changelog-plugin/usage.html

The changelog:changelog goal shows the commit messages. If all your releases are tagged then you should configure the plugin like this:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-changelog-plugin/examples/configuration-tag-type.html

Pankaj Tandon wrote:
Hi,
Yes.. what I am looking for is a list of all the comments entered (at
checkin time) into my scm (SVN, in my case) broken down by release.
I haven't really tried either of these solutions yet, but looking at the
documentation of these 2 plugins, I think I am looking for something
inbetween:
maven-changelog-plugin
maven-changes-plugin

The first produces a list of file that have changed (albeit by release) but,
atleast as per documentation, does not give me the svn log output. That is,
it does not show me the user comments entered at commit time.
The second goes against JIRA or a manually edited (or programatically
generated) changes.xml.

What I need is the svn log output (nicely formatted, ofcourse ;)) from
release 1.n to 1.m
I would use this for my release notes link and it would be a great feature
if I could email this list to a distribution list.
I'd love to enhance the existing plugin to do this but the article here
scared me !
http://www.oreillynet.com/onjava/blog/2006/03/maven_project_info_reports_con.html

Thanks,
Pankaj

William Ferguson-6 wrote:
But how do you get issues grouped by released version?
Maven-changes-plugin provides a great list of issues for the projects,
filtered by different criteria.
So it could provide all open issues for instance.

Maybe I'm missing something, but this isn't what you want for release
notes.
ReleaseNotes should contain all the resolved issues, grouped by released
version, ordered from most recent to least recent. It might also contain
a list of open issues.

The maven-changes-plugin change:jira-report looks like it is retrieving
enough information to do this, but I can't see how to configure it to
produce release notes. Can anyone tell me?

Alternatively, is there a plugin that does produce release notes (from
JIRA).

William