Hi,

I have a build tree with 30+ projects of different packaging (jar, pom, dll,
so, plugin, etc) built with Maven and I would like to specify in the top
pom.xml that certain plugins are used for all projects of a given packaging.
For example, I would like to have the CheckStyle plugin run on all projects
with packaging "jar".

Of course I can set the configuration of the plugins in the top pom (with a
pluginmanagement tag) and then just invoke the plugin explicitly in the
projects but I would like to enforce that the plugin is used for all
projects of the given packaging. It is very easy for example to forget to
add CheckStyle to a new jar project.

Adding the possibility of using a packaging filter to an execution element
would solve it, but there are perhaps other ways? Any ideas?

        Peter